These instructions will help you navigate through the system, complete assignments and attain your certificates for completing each phase. All modules must be completed in the order in which they appear and skipping lessons will not be allowed, as the system will redirect you to complete them.
- Once you have logged into the ICLD using your username and password (initially your email address) you will come to a landing page that has three 3 tabs below the title banner. Those tabs are “Welcome” and “My Courses”. Click on “Welcome” to review a written address from your agency-head regarding the ICLD and its’ purpose.
- Click on the “My Courses” tab and you will come to a page with your name at the top and underneath your name you will find four columns titled Courses, Completed, Certificates, and Points. The “Courses” column will have the number four in it representing the number of phases of training available in the ICLD. The Completed, Certificates and Points columns will have the number zero (0) in them and will not be populate with any other numbers until you complete a phase of training and earn a certificate.
- Below the Courses, Completed, Certificates and Points columns you will find the titles for ICLD 1-4, Foundations & Principles, Theories & Practices, Application & Advancement and Competency & Mastery. If you click on these course titles it will take you to the Course Home Page for that phase of training. Remaining on the My Courses page you can check your progress by clicking on the down arrow to the left of the of the Course title which will give you an expanded listing of all modules that you have completed for that phase of training. Completed modules will be indicated by a check mark. There will also be a counter that will give your percentage of course completion. You may close the expanded listing of modules by clicking on the up arrow beside the course title.
- There are four (4) other tabs located on the account page, “Instructions”, “My Transcripts”, “My Certificates” and “My Notes”. The titles of each of these tabs are self-explanatory and will give you a report of your transcripts, certificates and any notes that you may have taken during the courses.
- From the “My Courses” tab if you click on the course title it will take you to the Course Introduction page where you will find a video introduction and tabs to view the Course Overview, Course Objectives, Course Resources and Course Instructors. On the right side of the Course Introduction page you will find a listing of each module included in the course.
- Click on the module title and you will go to the home page for that module. The title will be at the top of the page and there may be a video related to the module to view. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see Lesson Content and below that you will see Lecture, Discussion Board and Quiz. This is the content for the module that you have selected. Click on Lecture to launch the module. This will take you to a launch page for the module. Click Launch Training, you will go to a page that will say Pop up Blocked. Click the Launch Coursebutton and the module will begin.
- Each module has several segments that include video, voice overs, interactive exercises and readings. In order to move through the modules, you will have to click the “Next” button at the end of each segment. Once you have completed a module you be asked to verify that you have completed all segments of the module and then submit that verification. You will then go to a Thank You slide that will instruct you to click Exit to close out the module.
- When you return to the module’s home page click the green Mark Complete button located either at the top or the bottom of the page.
- This will take you to the Discussion Question page that will require you to click on Open the Discussion Now, review the discussion question and post your response to the Discussion Board. Be sure to follow the instructions for completing the Discussion Question and be sure to mark it complete in order to receive credit.
- After completing the modules discussion board and posting your response you will return to the Discussion Board Click the green button to mark it complete and click on Quiz for the corresponding module and take a ten (10) question quiz to check your knowledge. You must score 70% to successfully move to the next module. You will automatically move to the next module upon successful completion of the quiz.
- If you have to re-take a quiz, it is recommended that you review the module material before doing so.
- Once you have completed all of the modules that make up a course, you will be prompted to receive your course certificate. Click “Yes” to receive your certificate and it will be stored on your account page under “Certificates”.
Other things to remember:
- The system tracks your progress as you move through the program. You may check your progress through “My Courses” and “My Transcripts”.
- You may exit the system at any time and when you log in again you will restart the course where you left off.
- Make sure you click Mark Complete upon completion of the Lectures and Discussion Questions.
- You will also take a number of assessments. Please follow the directions for completing all assessments.
- Remember to view the videos located on Course & Module Home Pages.
- The more that you navigate through the system the more familiar you will become with it. You will find that there is more than one way to review your progress and activate modules.